Creed singer Scott Stapp says he's broke

Scott Stapp via Facebook


Creed front-man Scott Stapp is singing the blues amid mounting financial problems that he says have left him broke and living in a motel.


In a rambling 15-minute, 56-second video posted on his Facebook page, the '90s Christian rocker said he wanted his fans to know that, 'right now, I'm under a pretty vicious attack.'


The trouble apparently started eight weeks ago when an audit showed that much of his money from the peak of his band's fame had been stolen and that he never received some royalty payments. To make matters worse, he said the IRS has frozen his bank accounts due to an unrelated clerical error.


'Right now I'm living in a Holiday Inn, by the grace of God, because there's been a couple of weeks I had to live in my truck,' Stapp said in the new video.


'I had no money, not even for gas or food. I went two days without eating because I had no money and ended up in an emergency room.'


Though Stapp says his Christian faith is seeing him through these trying times, though he is clearly not turning the other cheek.


'I'm going to fight every single individual responsible for this,' he vowed, asking fans for recommendations on a good lawyer.


Johnny Nunez/WireImage


He also stressed that he wanted to set the record straight on his sobriety amid all the 'lies' circulating about drugs and alcohol abuse.


'I don't understand why all this is happening to me,' said Stapp. 'I've been harassed, I've been stalked, my name and reputation has been slandered all over the Internet.


'Obviously, God has a reason for this; I'm maintaining my faith.'


Thank You for Visiting Creed singer Scott Stapp says he's broke.

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter Digg Reddit

0 comments "Creed singer Scott Stapp says he's broke"

Post a Comment